With interiors designed by Kate Moss, Elle MacPherson, Jade Jagger, Kelly Hoppen, Phillipe Starck & the Yoo Studio, the Lakes are a gorgeous design-led holiday destination. Offering a full concierge service, activities team & access to our luxurious spa.
The Lakes by yoo is a gated community where nature and design work in harmony to provide the ultimate rural retreat and lifestyle. A private estate set amongst 650 acres of idyllic Cotswold countryside just 90 minutes from London. The Lakes enables owners to experience the very best of the British seasons. By collaborating with ecologists and conservationists, our architects and designers have complemented the estate's natural assets and landscape, ensuring a masterplan that is environmentally sound, breath-takingly beautiful and functional. A playground for all ages to enjoy and discover.
A four bedroom, three bathroom, three-storey Lake House, located on Longdoles Lake. Orchard Lakehouse is a sophisticated contemporary hideaway, with a large terrace overlooking Longdoles Lake complete with outdoor furniture and barbecue and with log burners in the sitting room and top floor solarium. The solarium has a further terrace overlooking the Lake, with loungers & egg chair.The interiors of Orchard Lakehouse are striking and contemporary, with glass walls and remarkable barn wood cladding. The sleek interior is accented by provocative artwork from amongst others, Banksy & Damien Hurst.
This holiday lodge at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Four bedrooms,three bathrooms.
- Log fire in the sitting room and master suite.
- Solarium with terrace and loungers.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Outdoor terrace on ground and top floor overlooking stunning lakes.
- Onsite parking.
- The Rural Retreats welcome hamper is not provided at this property.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Concierge Menu available, including fridge stocking, fire lighting and bike hire for which additional charges apply.
- Security is on call 24/7 at the gated entrance. Concierge will meet and greet upon arrival, and show around the property..
- Catering – We are proud to present our range of Chefs and their teams, and most importantly, their food. Our Chefs represent an edit of the finest the Cotswolds has to offer, and with backgrounds ranging from a top-notch boutique hotel to a multi award-winning deli, their collective experience is nothing short of extraordinary.
- On site spa offering treatments, with a gym, heated pool, sauna, steam and hot tub, for which additional charges will apply.
- Nanny services are available with professionally qualified childcare professionals, as well as the 'Yoo' kids club which encourages children to take part in outward bound adventures, with some groups and activities being unattended by parents, allowing you some precious 'me' time. Highlights include Ben Fogle's School of Wild, a challenging and exciting series of bush-craft activities, our School of Rock and our residential Summer Camp. Onsite pets corner, hen house and herb garden. Onsite woodland zip wire for which additional charges will apply.
- Double Gaggenau oven, Gaggenau gas hob, two Miele dishwashers, large fridge freezer with ice maker, and a Nespresso machine.
- Outdoor terraces on ground and top floor overlooking the stunning lakes, and a barbecue.
- Sky TV, Blu Ray player, Sonos system and board games are available.
- Two kayaks available when the Lakes are open.
- Onsite tennis courts, fishing, boating and wild swimming – all within the estate.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Whether your preference is a pint by the fire or a Pimms in the garden, there are some wonderful pubs close by. The Five Alls in Filkin and The Swan at Southrop are worth particular mentions. The Swan's within walking distance and home to Keene's Cotswold Premium Lager. Try the wheat variety in Spring and the dark ale when the nights are drawing in.
- The Cotswolds is crisscrossed with waterways. The Thames, Avon and Severn all run through the region and the Coln and Leach join the Thames at Lechlade. That makes the town a favourite mooring place for narrow boats as well as a hub for cruises. You can tour up-river on a Thames Launch or charter your own craft and spend a day, enjoying the world glide by.
- The nearby villages are idyllic. The market town, Lechlade??, is home to a popular family-friendly music festival and a churchyard that inspired Shelley. Burford, a picturesque medieval town, featured in Forbes list of Europe's loveliest places to live. Filkins was part of the estate of Sir Stafford Cripps and Southrop has a beautiful 12th century church
- With 3000 miles of public footpaths and an idyllic landscape, the Cotswolds is a walker's paradise. An afternoon stroll will take you past honey-coloured cottages, along drovers' tracks and through ancient beech and oak woodland. Or if you're feeling ambitious, why not spend a few days walking the length of the Gloucestershire Way: 100 miles from the Forest of Dean to Tewkesbury Abbey?
- Food lovers are spoilt for choice. For meat, try Foxbury the butcher just north of the estate. Daylesford Organics specialises in handmade cheeses, breads and pastries as well as homegrown garden produce. For fish, head to Coln Valley Smokery in Northleach which still uses brick kilns and other traditional methods. And top it all with fresh organic apple juice delivered direct from Benson's Farm.
- The Cheltenham Festival, The Gold Cup, is upon us again in March. Our luxury holiday rentals are the perfect base to enjoy the festival from – a 5 star hotel experience, with the privacy of your own lodge.
- For a great family day out, visit the Cotswold Wildlife Park to get up close and personal with rhinos, lions, camels, penguins, actual wolverines and more!