Butley Barn provides an abundance of spacious living space which is ideal for larger groups of friends and family. Set in a rural location Butley Barn is the perfect place for a relaxing retreat.
The Barn is well equipped with a large kitchen area as part of a larger open-plan living space. There is a further separate sitting room and two bedrooms on the ground floor. All of the bedrooms have their own en-suite facilities. A number of the beds can either be set as a super-king size bed or two 3’ singles, providing lots of flexibility for the group. Outside there is a large hot tub, garden furniture and a brick-built barbecue. In addition, there is a separate space with a training pool, and a studio equipped with four static exercise bikes.
If you are interested in having a catered service during your stay please let your host know and this can be arranged. Also available is a wood fired pizza oven which can be hired for an additional charge (See notes).
Butley is a small hamlet situated between Aldeburgh and Woodbridge and is within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps fourteen guests.
- Ground floor bedroom with 5' king size bedroom with en-suite wet room.
- Ground floor bedroom with 6' super-king zip and link beds with en-suite wet room. (See notes).
- Three bedrooms with 6' super-king zip and link beds an en-suite. (See notes).
- Bedroom with 4'6 double bed with en-suite.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Four well behaved dogs welcome (£25.00 per dog).
- Off road parking for six vehicles.
- Hot tub and indoor training pool.
- Use of gym space.
- Exposed beams.
- Range style cooker.
- Multi fuel stove.
- Butlers sink.
- Coffee Machine.
- Two fridge/freezers.
- Two dishwashers.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Television with Freeview.
- DVD player.
- Garden furniture.
- Gas barbecue.
- A catered service can be provided during your stay (see notes).
- Wood fired pizza oven (additional charge, see notes).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The property is in an ideal location to explore the nearby towns of Orford, Aldeburgh and Southwold situated on the Suffolk Heritage Coast.
- There are numerous footpaths in the area and these take in some of the scenic heaths along with Rendlesham and Tunstall Forests.
- The elegant seaside town of Southwold with its pier and stunning beaches also has a wealth of boutique shops and restaurants – afternoon tea at Tilly's is not to be missed.
- Whether you are a bird lover, walker, music and art lover or simply wanting to relax, this area has an abundance of things to suit you.
- Within an hour’s drive there are a wealth of places to admire such as Framlingham Castle, Orford Castle or Snape Maltings which is the home of the Aldeburgh Music Festival.
- Otley Hall and Yaxley Hall are two beautiful properties to visit as well as the National Trust’s Ickworth House.
- There is the stunning Helmingham Hall Gardens with its moat and two drawbridges which are still used every morning and night.