Cherry Trees is an exceptional, spacious five bedroomed Lakeland property. Renovated in 2018, it combines stunning traditional features with luxury modern living. Situated on the outskirts of the popular town of Bowness on Windermere, the house is set within beautiful landscaped gardens in a unique, elevated location overlooking Lake Windermere.
Within the heart of the beautiful Lake District and newly crowned World Heritage site, Cherry Trees couldn’t be better located for enjoying all that this stunning area has to offer. A 10 minute walk takes you into the bustling tourist town of Bowness on Windermere where there are plenty of coffee shops, restaurants & bars, offering a good selection of eateries to choose from. Nearby are a wealth of tourist attractions, Lakeland walks and country pubs, all within half an hour’s drive from Cherry Trees.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Two en-suite bedrooms (one wih king size sleigh bed and one with super king zip and link bed).
- Three further bedrooms (one with king size bed, one with twin beds and one with super king zip and link bed)
- Family bathroom with bath and separate shower.
- Spectacular views of Lake Windermere.
- Landscaped gardens with decked seating areas.
- Tennis court.
- On-site parking.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Wood burning stove.
- Dual fuel AGA, dishwasher, combined fridge/freezer.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- 55' flat screen TV, Xbox games console & family board games.
- Flat screen TVs in all bedrooms.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Outside hot tub.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Reduced green fees are given to guests at both Carus Green Golf Club, a stunning 18 hole championship golf course, and at Windermere Golf Club, a challenging course which offers spectacular views of the Lake and fells, and is situated opposite to Cleabarrow Cottage.
- Book onto one of the daily tours at the Hawkshead Brewery and sample the locally produced beer.
- Visit the “unreserved” Nature Reserve of Brockhole and their famous floating village and restaurant.
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise along Lake Windermere, England’s largest lake with Windermere Lake Cruises.
- Take on the summit of the Old Man of Coniston, the fell is 2,634 feet (803 m) high with plenty of well-marked paths to the top.
- Visit Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, Mr. McGregor and the many, many more wonderful characters created by Beatrix Potter and inspired by the beautiful landscape at Beatrix Potter World.
- The National Trust run Sizergh Castle has a stunning house and gardens to explore.