Cox is one of six two-bedroom Country Lodges which are part of Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, located in the peaceful surroundings of Constable Country, near Stoke by Nayland in Suffolk. The lodges are perfect for romantic escapes, cosy family and friends' reunions and golf and spa breaks.
Spacious and bright, the large open-plan living area features floor-to-ceiling windows at one end, with patio doors leading out onto a large wooden balcony which enjoys views over the beautiful Suffolk countryside – just perfect for a leisurely breakfast, a spot of sunbathing or perhaps an evening cocktail or two as the sun goes down. The two large double bedrooms feature zip and link beds which can be joined together to make a super king-size, or are available as twin-bedded rooms.One large double bedroom is with en-suite and the other accessible to the family bathroom.
Up to ten lodges offering a total of 16 double en-suite bedrooms can also be booked together for much larger groups of up to 32 guests. These are all within a five minute drive of the nearby outstanding facilities at the family-owned Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one with an en-suite bathroom.
- Enclosed glass balconies.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- A welcome hamper will be provided (this differs from the standard Rural Retreats welcome hamper).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Lodge Porter is on call 24/7 to transport guests to and from the spa/golf/dining facilities.
- You can have one of the Hotel’s Chefs prepare a bespoke menu and serve it to you in the comfort and privacy of your lodge.
- Complimentary access to indoor heated swimming pool, sanarium, steam room, Jacuzzi and gymnasium featuring the latest Technogym equipment.
- Onsite spa and two championship golf courses for which additional charges will apply.
- Onsite two AA Rosette restaurant, bars, clubhouse restaurant, gift and golf shops, squash court, pool, fishing, covered driving range and professional golf tuition for which additional charges will apply.
- Underfloor heating throughout.
- Electric oven and four ring induction hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer.
- Flatscreen televisions, Blu-Ray DVD player, surround sound in the sitting room and iPod docking station.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request, please note that additional charges may apply. Please bring your own cot linen.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- An ideal base for exploring numerous local attractions and historic sites, such as Colchester Castle and Zoo, Tudor Lavenham and Constable's Dedham and Flatford Mill.
- Wander around Beth Chatto's famous gardens.
- The excellent antique shops and Kentwell Hall in Long Melford.