This 17th century, semi-detached cottage cleverly combines a traditional ham stone cottage with a Mediterranean style veranda, featuring stone balustrade and offering amazing panoramic sea views. As you gaze across the stunning West Dorset landscape you can look out beyond the pretty coastal village of Seatown to Lyme Bay and the wider Jurassic Coast.
The cottage has been furnished and equipped to an excellent standard with a glorious master suite which looks out to the sea and includes a sitting area, king-size bed and en-suite bathroom which also offers views of the sea whilst relaxing in the bath. There are two further well-appointed king-size bedrooms, both with their own stylish en-suites with walk-in waterfall showers. All bedrooms feature Hypnos beds. The cosy sitting room with wood burning stove and sumptuous sofas is the perfect room in which to relax and unwind, and the kitchen and dining room with french doors and impressive views allows guests to dine in comfort whilst admiring the landscape. An Arctic Spa hot tub is situated on the garden patio with wonderful views.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- One bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite bathroom.
- One bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite shower room.
- One bedroom with king-size zip and link bed (can be configured as two 2'6 beds on request) and en-suite shower room.
- Private south facing lawn garden to the side of the cottage with partial sea views and direct views of Golden Cap and Langdon Woods.
- 'Arctic Spa' hot tub that can accommodate a maximum of six people (see Notes).
- Wood burning stove.
- Private parking for up to three cars.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- Underfloor heating in all bathrooms.
- Electric oven and separate hob.
- Integrated microwave.
- Smart television with Freeview.
- High chair, travel cot ( Linen not provided) and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- External three pin socket for charging electric vehicles (see Notes).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The charming village of Chideock is within walking distance offering two local pubs and a convenience store.
- There is also Felicity's Farm Shop in the neighbouring village of Morcombelake selling gifts and local produce plus a take away cafe including outdoor seating area with stunning views of Golden Cap.
- The nearby market town of Bridport is a popular shopping destination with its large selection of local and independent shops, pubs, restaurants and regular street and antique markets.
- The famous and scenic Jurassic Coast is only a short drive away, and with the popular resorts of West Bay, Eype, Charmouth and Lyme Regis all easily accessible from the cottage, there is plenty to explore and experience.
- Hive Beach at Burton Bradstock and its café, serving fresh local seafood and home made cakes is nearby.
- Other must-see sights along this unique coastline include Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove. Both of these fascinating and photogenic features have been carved out by the sea over millions of years.
- The pretty village of Abbotsbury has a number of attractions including a Swannery, Subtropical Gardens and a Children’s Farm.
- The county town of Dorchester is a distance of 18 miles away with its large selection of shops, restaurants, cafes, museums and two cinemas.
- Sidmouth is approximately 40 minutes drive away with the Donkey Sanctuary being a popular place to visit. On the way you may also like to stop at Beer or Branscombe.