Slowpool, a detached period property which has been extended to include Littlepool, provides spacious and beautiful accommodation for family and friends who want to holiday together or have a special celebration. It is situated in its very own six acre wood, and is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where many sightings of wildlife are possible, but is also close to all the amenities of Honiton.
On entering Slowpool you will find that the house is decorated in an elegant comfortable style, there is a large sitting room with a wood burning stove, a large dining room with oak dining table that seats 14 guests comfortably, easy access to a grand kitchen with central island that seats eight. There are five beautifully decorated bedrooms, some furnished with king size beds and en-suites. Behind Slowpool is Littlepool, an attractive wood clad building with a staircase to the first floor accommodation for two guests. Outside find a stunning garden and gorgeous views over the countryside with a hot tub to laze in and garden furniture for dining al fresco under the stars.
Slowpool provides the utmost privacy, and there are many country walks to enjoy from the property. Other activities in the area include golf, fishing, horse riding, sailing and water sports. There are many historical properties to visit, and beaches at Lyme Regis, Sidmouth and Exmouth to explore. There are also many lovely restaurants and pubs in the area to enjoy.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 14 guests (maximum of 13 adults).
- Ground floor en-suite king-size bedroom.
- Two en-suite king-size bedrooms, two twin bedrooms and family bathroom.
- A single bedroom with pull out trundle bed is accessed via one of the king-size bedrooms.
- Separate en-suite double bedroom in Littlepool.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Six acres of private woodland (please see Notes).
- Patio with garden furniture.
- Cove hot tub (available 1st April – 30th September only).
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Ample parking available.
- Minimum 3 night stay.
- Fully fitted kitchen with electric range.
- Microwave, combined fridge/freezer and large drinks fridge.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Freeview and DVD player.
- CD player, radio and speaker.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Two garden tables, 14 garden chairs and two sun loungers.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Honiton is just ten minutes’ drive from Slowpool, where guests will find all the amenities needed for a wonderful self-catering holiday.
- A great selection of restaurants and pubs can be found in the local vicinity. The Pig at Combe in Gittisham, the Hare & Hounds in Sidbury, Hix Oyster & Fish House in Lyme Regis and River Cottage in Axminster are just a few of the places that come recommended.
- The Jurassic Coast which covers 95 miles of stunning coastline is within easy driving distance. Some of the most popular seaside resorts with their sandy beaches include Lyme Regis, Seaton and Sidmouth.
- Honiton Golf Club with its 18 hole parkland course is only 2 miles away and is open to visitors.
- For a fun-filled family day out visit one of the many family friendly visitor attractions such as Crealy Adventure Park, Pecorama or The Donkey Sanctuary.
- Animal lovers will go wild over Wildwood Escot, a beautiful woodland park with walking trails where wolves, lynx, wild boar, wildcats and red squirrels can be viewed up close.
- Historic places of interest nearby include Powderham Castle, Bicton Gardens and Exeter Cathedral. For a more unique experience take a guided tour of Exeter’s Underground Passages which date from the 14th Century.