If you’re planning a very special break with a large number of friends and family, Spicer Manor gives you all the space and amenities you could ever wish for. With a long dining table that seats 30 guests, large sitting rooms with opulent leather settees to sink into, a games room on the top floor with everything from pool and snooker to air hockey tables, this could be the setting to a very memorable break indeed.
The owners have paid great attention to detail throughout, with individually decorated en-suites for all the master bedrooms, and beautiful touches like a stag head punch bowl and end-of-bed ottomans. The kitchen is the perfect setting for a get-together, with breakfast bars and chairs as well as a large Yorkshire range to make things cosy. Speaking of the perfect setting, the swooping central staircase creates the ideal photo opportunity for guests.
Behind the property is a large decked area, with rattan furniture to seat 30 guests and not one but two hot tubs. The patio looks out onto the beautiful Yorkshire countryside beyond, and you’re in the perfect spot for lots of walks across the Pennines and South Yorkshire. But with so much waiting for you back at Spicer Manor, you’ll probably want to head back to your home-from-home very soon!
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 30 guests.
- 15 double bedrooms, all with TVs.
- 15 en-suite bathrooms.
- Fantastic views of the of the open countryside.
- State of the art cinema room.
- Games room with table tennis, pool, table football and air hockey challenges.
- Two hot tubs.
- Large garden with fields and picnic tables.
- Private parking for 25 cars.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Up to four well behaved dogs welcome.
- A damage deposit of £1000 will be requested 10 days before arrival, full details will be provided with your arrival guide after booking.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Four electric ovens and two hobs.
- Three dishwashers.
- Two washing machines.
- Tumble dryer.
- Two American fridge freezers.
- Smart TVs and blu-ray player.
- Digital radio.
- SONOS music system.
- Underfloor heating on three floors.
- Up to 10 high chairs and cots available on request.
- Dog cleaning room.
- Built-in stair gates.
- Patio area with tables and chairs for 30 people.
- Stone feature and waterfall (child friendly with no water pools).
- Gas barbecue.
- Storage shed for bikes can be arranged on request.
- Catering and housekeeping service available on request at additional cost (see Notes).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- A stay at Spicer Manor puts you at the foot of the Pennines, with a beautiful landscape that’s steeped in history all around you. You can walk this unspoilt and dramatic countryside for house without seeing another soul. For the best walks in the area, see the Visit Penistone website.
- From archery to zip lines, if you’ve always fancied taking up an outdoor activity, or you’d like to arrange something for all your group to enjoy, Underbank Activity Centre is the place to come. You can try your hand at everything from paddle boarding to mountain biking here. Make sure to book beforehand.
- If you’re a fan of Compo and Cleggy, their hometown of Holmfirth is only a short drive away. With its unspoilt stone cottages nestled along the Holme valley, this picturesque town is well worth a trip whether you’re a fan of The Last of the Summer Wine or just enjoy sight-seeing.
- From pear trees and vines to a fairyland garden, the grounds of Cannon Hall Park are full of enchanting surprises for the young and old alike. The Georgian house also has a display of fine artworks collected by the ceramicist William De Morgan.
- If you’re green fingered, you’ll want to visit Wentworth Garden Centre. The setting here is unique, with former Italian and Japanese gardens on display. The restaurant is a great place to come to enjoy fresh, local produce.
- To burn off some energy, why not hire some bikes and enjoy the fresh Yorkshire air? The Trans Pennine Trail is mostly traffic-free, winding along old canal paths and railway lines, and plunges you into some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK.