Booking both Butley Barn and The Pottery Barn gives spacious accommodation for up to 20 guests, making it an ideal space for a large family gathering. The Barns have superb facilities with a hot tub, training pool and exercise studio along with four static exercise bikes available to use.
The two barns both have their own kitchen and living spaces however the bigger barn is able to seat 20 guests at the dining table so you can all enjoy each others company. Alternatively, there is plenty of space on the patio outside along with garden furniture and a barbecue. The bedrooms in the larger barn all have en-suite facilities and there are two downstairs bedrooms. The two single bedrooms in the smaller Pottery Barn share a wet room while the other two bedrooms have their own bathrooms.
If you are planning a family celebration or just want to relax, your host can organise catering for you (see notes). There is also the option to hire a wood fired pizza oven for a small additional charge (see notes).
The properties are set in Butley which is a small hamlet situated between Aldeburgh and Woodbridge and is within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Be
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 20 guests.
- Eleven bedrooms, eight en-suite and three with shared facilities.
- Five zip and link bedrooms (can be configured as super-king or twin beds on request).
- Children of all ages welcome.
- High chair (available on request).
- Four well behaved dogs welcome (Additional charge see notes).
- Hot tub and indoor training pool.
- Use of gym space.
- Off road parking for six vehicles.
- A catered service can be provided during your stay (see notes).
- Wood fired pizza oven (additional charge, see notes).
- Minimum of three night stay.
- Exposed beams.
- Range style cooker.
- Coffee Machine.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Televisions with Freeview.
- DVD player.
- Garden furniture.
- Brick built barbecue and gas barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The property is in an ideal location to explore the nearby towns of Orford, Aldeburgh and Southwold situated on the Suffolk Heritage Coast.
- There are numerous footpaths in the area and these take in some of the scenic heaths along with Rendlesham and Tunstall Forests.
- The elegant seaside town of Southwold with its pier and stunning beaches also has a wealth of boutique shops and restaurants – afternoon tea at Tilly's is not to be missed.
- Whether you are a bird lover, walker, music and art lover or simply wanting to relax, this area has an abundance of things to suit you.
- Within an hour’s drive there are a wealth of places to admire such as Framlingham Castle, Orford Castle or Snape Maltings which is the home of the Aldeburgh Music Festival.
- There is the stunning Helmingham Hall Gardens with its moat and two drawbridges which are still used every morning and night.