Evident throughout Waternook & The Great Barn is the sleek sophisticated interior styling and perfectionist attention to detail which pre-empts the needs of even the most discerning guest. Twenty guests can be accommodated across these two properties so whether you are celebrating a happy event, searching for the perfect setting for an intimate wedding or just spending time with your favourite people, here is a magical treat delivering sheer luxury and matching your high expectations.
Just a few of the highlights Waternook & The Great Barn include are: a cinema room; sitting and reading rooms; state of the art kitchen and dining terrace with awe-inspiring views; Spa and Wellness Sanctuary featuring Laconium and bar area leading onto the hot tub terrace. The dramatic setting is complemented by half a mile of Ullswater shoreline, and a boathouse with private jetty. A wide range of concierge services are available including classic car hire, sailing schools, private flying lessons and private butler and chauffeur services to name but a few. The estate’s helipad and boat jetty make arriving by helicopter or yacht a fun option.
The Ullswater Valley is one of many wonderful places in the Lake District that offers visitors an experience that will be truly memorable. It is a place that is relatively untouched by tourism, a place that offers a complete escape from our daily lives and a place that is so easy to get to. Ullswater Lake is surrounded by stunning Lakeland fells, which are ideal for walking. It is the perfect retreat for a relaxing get away, an adventure packed destination for the family, or a romantic escape for wining and dining your nearest and dearest. And for those thrill seekers looking for the next adrenalin rush, Ullswater is the perfect playground for adventure. Ullswater is your dream destination however you chose to spend your time.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 20 guests.
- 10 double bedrooms, all en-suite.
- Half a mile of lake frontage and 26 acres of private estate grounds.
- Lake view terraced gardens with seating.
- Up to four dogs welcome. Please see ‘Notes’.
- On-site parking.
- Waternook offers its guests access to its Luxury Concierge Service range. Arrangements can be made from helicopter tours to private chefs and yoga lessons.
- A damage deposit of £1000.00 will be requested one week before arrival, full details will be provided along with the directions.
- Minimum night 3 night weekend stay, 4 night mid-week stay or 7 night week long stay.
- 10 luxury stone and porcelain en-suite bathrooms with invigorating monsoon or rain showers.
- State of the art kitchen. Bean to cup coffee machine.
- Infinity terrace with hot tub.
- Panoramic views of lake and mountains.
- Lakeside dining.
- Boathouse with private jetty.
- Spa and Wellness Sanctuary.
- The Lake Room sitting room and minstrel’s gallery are large enough to accommodate parties and functions (must be organised with owner in advance). Wood burning stove.
- Integrated music system and iPad control.
- Television in all bedrooms.
- Cinema with Sky movies and sports.
- Secure bike and canoe storage.
- Security gate entry system.
- Gas barbecue terrace with barbecue equipment.
- Dog beds available on request.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Pet-friendly room with underfloor heating.
- Visit England 5 Star Gold Award (top 3 in England).
Attractions and amenities
- Ullswater is famous for its stunning lakeshore walks. With so many to choose from there’s a walk to suit everyone from the experienced hiker to the novice.
- Discover Ullswater Lake, one of England’s most beautiful lakes, with a Round the Lake Pass with Ullswater Steamers. Hop on and off at different piers around the lake and explore at your own leisure.
- For the more adventurous guest there are a variety of outdoor activities to try out including pony trekking, mountain biking, sailing, paragliding and many more. Waternook’s concierge service is able to make arrangements for all of these activities.
- Historic houses in the area include Dalemain and Hutton-in-the-Forest. Both of these beautiful country houses with gardens are well worth a visit.
- In nearby Penrith find the Rheged Centre, an arts centre, cinema, café, farm shop and market selling locally made produce all rolled in to one and housed underneath a grass covered roof.